Car accidents can cause devastating injuries that require costly medical treatment and have a lasting impact on your quality of life. Under New Mexico law, you have a right to be compensated for your losses if someone else is responsible for the harm done to you.
Albuquerque car accident attorney Bert Parnall and Parnall Law are here to help. We pursue full and fair compensation in car accident claims so our clients can focus on getting the medical treatment they need and moving forward with their lives.
At Parnall Law Firm, LLC, our dedicated car accident lawyers manage all legal aspects of your auto accident claim. We can help you manage insurance matters, medical bills, vehicle repair costs, and other issues surrounding your accident.
Don’t Let Insurance Companies Bully You
If you have been hurt in a car accident in Albuquerque or the surrounding area, you need to speak with the knowledgeable auto accident attorneys at Parnall Law Firm, LLC today. We’ll provide you with a free legal consultation and answer any questions you may have about your claim. Contact us now to discuss the next steps in your case.
How We Help Albuquerque Car Accident Victims
Many car accident victims feel overwhelmed after a serious crash. They see medical bills piling up and wonder what to tell the insurance company about the accident. When you enlist the help of the skilled Albuquerque car accident lawyers at Parnall Law Firm, LLC, we will immediately take action to protect your rights and take the burden off of you. You can count on our team to:
- Conduct an independent investigation to establish the facts of your case. We’ll collect every piece of evidence to determine who was at fault for your injury. We undertake numerous investigative techniques and tap multiple sources to get to the bottom of how and why our clients were injured.
- Immediately send letters of representation. Once Parnall Law Firm, LLC represents you, we will inform creditors, insurance companies and others that we are your attorneys. That means they will have to come through us to get to you. You can answer any question or unwanted contact with, “Talk to my attorneys,” and leave it all to us.
- Aggressively negotiate a settlement or file a lawsuit. We prepare each case as if it is heading for court, but most cases end in a car accident settlement. In many cases, it may be far easier on the client if a full and fair settlement can be reached in a timely manner. If a proper settlement cannot be obtained, our dedicated car accident lawyers will be prepared to put forth a strong personal injury case before the judge and jury.
- Frequently update you on the status of your case. You will come to know Bert Parnall and the Parnall Law Firm, LLC well. Our job is to keep your case moving forward. Although there will be very little required of you to pursue your case, we will be in touch regularly to keep you as up-to-date as you want to be. We can also help with some of the common headaches of dealing with a car accident, such as finding proper medical treatment or getting estimates for car repairs.
We’re here to fight for your rights when you’ve been wronged. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with our experienced Albuquerque car accident attorneys.
Steps to Take Immediately After an Auto Accident in Albuquerque
The steps you take immediately after an auto accident can be very important as they relate to your health and your ability to recover compensation. The one thing that has to be done after any auto accident is to seek medical attention.
You should be sure that you visit a hospital or undergo some kind of full medical exam that allows you to have a medical record created as soon as possible after the accident. It can be far more difficult to claim compensation for injuries if you’ve waited days or weeks to visit a doctor.
Other important steps to take after an auto accident include:
- Call Police — Always contact the local law enforcement agency so a police report can be filed in connection to your crash. The police report could provide important information for an auto accident claim. A negligent driver could also be ticketed for violations of local laws that caused crashes. Keep in mind, though, that the police do not have final say when it comes to civil liability for a crash.
- Take Pictures — You should try to use any camera available to you, such as the one likely found on your cell phone, to get as many photographs as you can of everything involved in the crash scene. Try to get pictures from multiple angles and distances so you can have a wide assortment of images to share with your attorney.
- Seek Witnesses — If other people saw the accident, ask them for their names and phone numbers or some kind of contact information. Such individuals could prove to be very valuable witnesses if the other driver disputes any liability claims.
As soon as you are able, you should call a personal injury lawyer at Parnall Law. Be sure to do this before you say anything to any insurance company.
Common Auto Accident Places in Albuquerque
Albuquerque has had the highest number of total crashes in New Mexico every year, with the 19,532 total crashes in one recent year far outpacing the 3,556 in Las Cruces, 2,594 in Santa Fe, and 1,345 in Rio Rancho, according to the Traffic Crash Annual Report from the University of New Mexico. The 35 crashes per 1,000 residents in Albuquerque was tied with Las Cruces for the second-highest rate in the state behind only the 60.7 rate in Taos.
Some of the highest-density areas for traffic crashes in Albuquerque include:
- New Mexico State Road 45 and Interstate 40
- New Mexico State Road 47 and I-40
- New Mexico State Road 556 and I-40
- Louisiana Boulevard and I-40
- San Mateo Boulevard and I-40
- Carlisle Boulevard and I-40
- Interstate 25 and I-40
- New Mexico State Road 423 and I-25
It is important to understand that severe wrecks can happen anywhere in Albuquerque, and some major collisions can occur on other less-traveled streets.
Common Reasons for Auto Accidents in Albuquerque
Causes of auto accidents are not always easily identified. Detailed investigations can be required in some cases to determine exactly what caused a collision.
Some of the most common causes generally include:
- Distracted Driving
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI) of Alcohol or Drugs
- Medical Emergency
- Reckless Driving
- Construction Zone Violations
- Driver Fatigue
- Failure to Obey Traffic Signs or Lights
- Following Too Closely (Tailgating)
- Improper or Illegal Turns
- Other Traffic Violations
- Failure to Adjust Speed for Inclement Weather
- Failure to Maintain Vehicle
- Defective Highways
- Defective Vehicle Parts
Types of Injuries in an Albuquerque Auto Accident
Auto accidents can cause a wide range of injuries. Some people are fortunate enough to walk away with only minor bumps and bruises, but many others will have long-lasting harm that not only requires lengthy medical attention, but also impacts their ability to work.
Examples of common injuries in auto accident cases include:
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Facial Injuries
- Neck Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
- Fractures and Broken Bones
- Lacerations and Cuts
- Internal Organ Injuries
- Burn Injuries
The family of a person who is killed in an accident may be eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the negligent party or parties who caused the crash. An experienced wrongful death lawyer at Parnall Law can help eligible family members understand what types of compensation they could seek and assist them with recovering what they are owed.
Demanding Compensation After an Albuquerque Car Accident
Negligent, reckless, distracted and drunk drivers are a danger to everyone on the road. Manufacturers who sell faulty motor vehicles, auto parts or vehicle systems (such as airbags, brakes, tires, etc.) also pose a severe threat. The experienced Albuquerque car accident attorneys at Parnall Law Firm, LLC will work tirelessly to hold any at-fault parties accountable for the harm they have caused you.
Our dedicated legal team has helped countless innocent crash victims pursue the compensation they need and the justice they deserve. The types of compensation we may demand after a car crash include:
- Payment for your medical bills, including any future treatment you may need for broken bones, neck or back injuries, knee injuries, scarring and disfigurement, or whiplash
- Compensation to fix or replace your vehicle
- Lost wages, as well as payment for reduced earning potential if you are not able to do the work you did before
- Compensation for physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Punitive damages, which can be awarded in extreme cases to punish the at-fault party
No amount of money can make things completely right after a catastrophic car accident. However, you deserve an attorney who will fight fiercely for every bit of compensation you deserve. At Parnall Law Firm, LLC, our skilled legal team will collect all records related to medical bills, vehicle repairs, and missed time from work. We will also consult with medical professionals and financial experts to estimate how much your injuries will affect you into the future.
Schedule a free consultation today with our tenacious Albuquerque car accident lawyers.
Our Car Accident Attorneys Are Committed to Albuquerque
The Parnall Law Firm, LLC legal team has been assisting car accident victims in Albuquerque since January 2009. Bertrand R. Parnall is an Albuquerque native who began practicing personal injury law in his hometown in 2004. Previously he was a partner in a law firm that assisted victims of wrongful injuries and insurance company abuses, and he had worked as a senior trial prosecutor in Valencia County, convicting murderers and rapists through jury trials.
Bert Parnall has assembled a legal team of attorneys and paralegals as dedicated as he is to compassionate and determined advocacy for clients who have suffered serious injuries in car crashes that could have been prevented.
New Mexico car accident statistics paint a sobering picture of the need for this type of representation:
- There were 398 fatal car accidents in New Mexico in 2016, 100 more than the year before, according to the University of New Mexico, which compiles state traffic crash data on behalf of the New Mexico Department of Transportation.
- Bernalillo County, home to Albuquerque and the state’s most populous county, had the highest number of fatal car accidents in 2016, with 99 ─ a quarter of the state’s total. That number was up from 64 in 2015.
- On an average day in New Mexico, 111 car crashes occur, involving 282 people, injuring 46 and killing one, according to the most recent annual report from UNM and the Department of Transportation.
- The most common contributing factors to New Mexico car crashes are distracted drivers (22 percent), failure to yield right-of-way (13 percent) and tailgating (10 percent).
- The top contributing factors in fatal car accidents in New Mexico are driving under the influence (53 percent), distracted driving (8 percent) and speeding (8 percent).
In our car accident injury practice at Parnall Law Firm, LLC, many of our clients are victims of collisions that involve another driver following too closely, failing to yield, underinsured or uninsured drivers, teen drivers, running a red light or making a left-hand turn into another car, t-bone accidents, rear-ended, and head-on collisions. In recent years, we have also seen more and more distracted driving cases in Albuquerque, particularly distracted driving, texting while driving, drowsy driving and drunk driving cases, which are more likely to be fatal.
Every day, we see individuals who are terribly injured and families that are devastated by the loss of a loved one after a car accident. In any case where an innocent person is harmed by someone else’s negligence, that victim deserves to be made whole as much as is possible. And our compassionate Albuquerque car accident attorneys work diligently in pursuit of justice.
Let’s talk it out. You or a loved one has been badly injured in a car accident that was someone else’s fault. You have expenses from medical bills, car repairs and other losses, and you are facing a lengthy and perhaps uncertain recovery. You have every right to want someone to pay for the pain they have caused you.
But the police and criminal courts focus only on whether laws were broken. Insurance adjustors have an obligation to their employer to pay you as little as possible. After a car accident, a dedicated personal injury lawyer is the only one who works to represent the innocent person who was hurt.
Bert Parnall has dedicated his legal career to helping car accident victims like you. He has assembled a team of highly respected auto accident attorneys in Albuquerque, with the goal of holding those at fault accountable.
Contact Parnall Law today to schedule a free legal consultation about your car accident claim. Get your questions answered. Know what you really deserve for what you’ve been put through. Put an intelligent, compassionate and determined team of legal advocates to work on your car accident case, and let us help lift the burden off you.