Distracted Driving Family Plan Scholarship
The Parnall Law Office is proud to offer the 2023 Scholarship Program that is designed to help interested high school (upon graduation from high school) students in New Mexico to attend an institution of higher education, while also bringing to attention to the dangers of distracted driving. $5000 in prizes will be awarded to the top 3 applicants.
Attorney Bert Parnall sits down with KRQE News 13 to discuss the scholarship program.
Create a “Distracted Driving Family Plan” within which you address the safety of your family by proactively committing to a plan that avoids the occurrence(s) of distracted driving by you and the members of your family.
Your essay should encompass the concept of Distracted Driving by formulating a plan for you and your family to commit to, with respect to addressing this troubling trend on our roads, including:
- Explain what distracted driving is. (For example, is it just texting, talking on the phone, or is it more than that?)
- Tell us about any time that you have personally experienced distracted driving. (Do you text or talk on a cell phone while driving or do your friends and family members? What do you do if you are with someone who is driving while distracted? How has distracted driving affected you, a loved one, or your peers?)
- What suggestions would you make to encourage your family to avoid distracted driving?
- Do you believe that smartphone technology is helpful or destructive (or both) for teen drivers?
- How has a personal injury caused by distracted driving affected you or a loved one?
- Please give examples of any surveys, studies, statistics, or stories in the news that support your points.
- Deadline for submissions: April 1, 2023
- Winners selected: April 15, 2023
- Winners announced: May 1, 2023
- First Place Prize: $2,500
- Second Place Prize: $1,500
- Third Place Prize: $1,000
- The scholarship contest is open to high school students in New Mexico.
- Students must be US residents.
- Entries must be submitted to HurtCallBert.com via the form below between Now and April 1, 2023.
- Entries to be judged by the offices of Parnall Law Firm and will be judged on originality and caliber or response. Judges’ decisions are final.
- Awards will be made directly to scholarship programs of winning students. Awards to be presented in mid-summer 2023.