Truck Accident Lawyer in Hobbs
If you have been involved in an accident with a tractor-trailer or other heavy truck in Hobbs, you know how serious these accidents can be.
Semis and 18-wheelers can weigh at least four times more than a passenger vehicle. Because of their larger size, truck accidents are more likely to cause life-altering injuries than crashes involving only smaller vehicles. Tragically, many truck crashes cause fatalities.
Because truck drivers, especially in the permian basin, are often required to haul large loads across long distances on tight schedules, many feel pressure to take unsafe risks. To get to their destination on time, drivers may speed or ignore limits on the number of hours behind the wheel. Some may turn to over-the-counter or illegal substances to help them stay awake.
In situations like these, accidents are more likely to occur, since large trucks are much more difficult to stop and maneuver than passenger vehicles.
Bert Parnall and his team of Hobbs truck accident attorneys are prepared to help you seek the justice you deserve if you’ve been hurt in a truck accident caused by the negligence of a truck driver, the company responsible for hiring, training, and supervising them, or any other liable party.
Contact us to discuss your rights and legal options today. The consultation is free and comes with no strings attached.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Hobbs
Statistics show that the top causes of truck accidents in New Mexico are due to driver negligence, and that it is only going to continue. as the permian basin is the hot spot for oil leading to more trucks on the road in this area. A Large Truck Crash Causation Study produced by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reveals that 87% of truck accidents caused by driver error.
Common errors include:
- Non-Performance – Falling asleep, heart attack or seizure, or other illness or impairment
- Recognition – Inattentive or distracted or distracted driver
- Decision – Misjudging or making a poor decision regarding road conditions, speed, or other vehicles on the road.
- Performance – Making an error in driving, and perhaps panicking, overcompensating, or exercising poor directional control, or making an illegal maneuver
Other factors are frequently involved in different types of truck accidents in Hobbs. These can include:
- Mechanical problems
- Improperly loaded cargo or cargo that shifted
- Traffic issues
- Traveling too fast for road and weather conditions
- Roadway defects
- Driver unfamiliar with the road
- Prescription or over-the-counter drug use that may affect the driver’s functioning
- Driver fatigue
Types of Truck Accident Injuries in Hobbs, NM
Truck accidents can be catastrophic for those involved. Because of the size and weight of a loaded semi-truck, injuries in a truck accident can be very severe and sometimes fatal. Survivors can be left with injuries that may take years to heal. Disabilities or chronic pain may remain with them for the rest of their lives.
Common truck accident injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Concussions and head injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Internal injuries
- Seat belt injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Wrongful death
Who Could Be Liable for a Hobbs Truck Accident?
In a truck accident, any number of parties could be held liable for the collision. Multiple individuals and companies who may be involved include:
- The truck driver
- The truck owner
- The oil company
- The trucking company
- The company that loaded the truck
- The cargo owner
- The company responsible for the truck’s maintenance
- The truck manufacturer
Compensation for Losses in a Truck Accident in Hobbs
If you have been involved in an accident with a truck in Hobbs, you may be entitled to seek compensation for your injuries or property damage.
In New Mexico, you may be owed compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses, including ambulance fees, doctor visits, hospital bills, surgery, physical therapy, prescription medication, or durable medical equipment, such as crutches
- Past and future lost income, including income lost due to missed work or diminished earning power
- Disfigurement, loss of limb, permanent disability
- Wrongful death
- Damage to your vehicle or other personal property caused by the accident
- Pain and suffering, such as physical, mental, or emotional distress caused by your injuries
- Loss of consortium, which compensates a spouse or family member for the loss of benefits or companionship of the injured person
When to Call a Truck Accident Lawyer in Hobbs
Are you dealing with severe or catastrophic injuries after a truck accident? Is the insurance company denying liability or pressuring you to settle your case for less than you deserve?
You may feel overwhelmed in the process of seeking compensation for your losses. You don’t need more stress. You need to focus on healing. We understand what you are going through, and we can help. Our experienced truck accident attorneys can handle the legal matters and stand up for you during this difficult time.
Unfortunately, many people injured in a truck accident may not receive a full and fair settlement for their damages. It’s all too common for individuals to make mistakes soon after the crash in filing their claim or early in the settlement process. Or they may miss filing deadlines.
In New Mexico, the deadline for filing truck accident compensation claims is three years after the accident. If you miss this strict deadline, your case will be dismissed unless a very narrow exception applies
How Can Parnall Law Help Me After a Truck Accident in Hobbs, NM?
To avoid making these common mistakes, call the Hobbs truck accident attorneys at Parnall Law before you talk to anyone. Truck accident claims can be very complex, and trucking companies and their insurers will fight vigorously to avoid liability.
Our Hobbs truck accident lawyers can help you pursue compensation for the injuries you’ve suffered and the losses you’ve incurred.
We stand ready to conduct a thorough and independent investigation into the true cause of the crash. We will document the accident, carefully examine all the information to determine the liable parties and file your claim and all legal paperwork promptly.
Once we identify the responsible parties and build a solid case for compensation, we can begin negotiating with their insurers to seek a full and fair settlement for your losses. If a settlement is not possible, we are prepared to take your case to trial and aggressively advocate for you.
Parnall Law has helped thousands of people injured in truck accidents obtain just and fair compensation. If you have been hurt in a truck crash in Hobbs or anywhere in New Mexico, call Bert! We will schedule a free consultation to discuss your case and how we can help you. Our accident attorneys in Hobbs can help with other personal injury cases like car accidents, motorcycle accidents, and more.