Oil Rig Injury Lawyer in Hobbs
Oil field and oil rig workers have some of the most dangerous jobs in the world. Not only do they work with highly flammable materials, but they also operate dangerous machinery that is both massive and complicated.
Even when a worker is well-trained, well-rested, and working with properly maintained equipment, accidents can still happen. Injuries are even more likely when workers are under less-than-ideal conditions.
Here in New Mexico we are no strangers to the dangers that the oil field workers face every day, especially in areas around Hobbs. News outlets regularly report on Hobbs oil field workers injured by falling off a rig or in an oil field explosion or in oil truck accidents.
Beyond the short media snippets, many of us (including those working in the Hobbs oil field) might be largely unaware of the variety of oil field injuries that occur, the causes of these injuries, and the legal options available to injured workers and their families under New Mexico law.
If you’ve suffered oil field injuries while working in the Hobbs area, contact Parnall Law promptly. Our compassionate and competent Hobbs personal injury lawyers have a 20-plus-year track record of obtaining a full range of compensation for our clients. Reach out to us by online chat, use our online contact form, or call us to schedule a free consultation now.
Common Hobbs Oil Field Injuries
Injuries sustained in oil fields range in severity from scrapes and bruises to untimely deaths. Oil field workers operate heavy machinery that can easily chop off a limb, work in trenches and tunnels that can collapse, stand on oil rigs they can fall off of, and are surrounded by materials that can catch fire or explode.
Some of the many oil field injuries that are commonly sustained include:
- Severed fingers and other body parts
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Chemical burns
- Respiratory damage from inhaling toxic fumes
- Crushed or amputated limbs
- Blunt force trauma
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Bone fractures
- Back and neck injuries
- Hearing loss
- Loss of vision
- Puncture wounds
What Causes Oil and Gas Injuries in Hobbs?
Working in the oil fields is dangerous. Accidents don’t just “happen.” There is always a cause. In fact, many Hobbs oil field injuries have more than one root cause. Some potential causes of Hobbs oil field personal injuries include:
- Improperly or inadequately trained workers
- Lack of supervision
- Failure to follow safety protocols
- Poorly maintained equipment
- Defective machinery
- Deferred maintenance
- Flawed policies or procedures
- Overworked employees who make mistakes while tired
- Trench collapses
When to Contact a Lawyer After an Oil Field Accident in Hobbs
What happens to an oil field worker who is injured on the job? Are they entitled to collect compensation for their injuries? And what about the family of a Hobbs oil field worker who dies in an oil field accident? Are they legally entitled to collect money damages for their loss?
If you are asking these questions, it is time to contact a New Mexico oil field accident lawyer today for answers. It is critical that you consult with our attorneys straight away so we can explain your legal rights and options. Our experienced lawyers can quickly review the facts of your case and advise you about whether pursuing a claim for compensation would be beneficial given your unique circumstances.
Having a knowledgeable lawyer by your side is important because there are a few different and often complicated paths to recovering compensation after an oil field accident, such as:
- A Workers’ Compensation Claim – In New Mexico, many employees are able to collect workers’ compensation payments under a state-regulated system if they sustain a work-related injury or illness. A workers’ compensation claim differs from a personal injury lawsuit in a number of different ways. Most notably, an injured employee does not need to prove any wrongdoing on the part of their employer to collect workers’ compensation benefits. An injured worker may collect benefits even if they were at fault for the accident. However, workers’ compensation benefits are limited by law and may not cover all losses.
- A Personal Injury Claim – If you were injured in an accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence or carelessness – someone other than your employer or co-workers – you may be entitled to seek compensation through a personal injury claim. Typically, a legal complaint alleges that someone owed you a duty of care that they failed to live up to and, as a result, you were injured. For example, if you were working in an oil field and were badly injured in a crash with truck driver who worked for a different company, you may be able file a third-party personal injury lawsuit against the driver and their employer.
- A Wrongful Death Claim – A wrongful death lawsuit is a claim for compensation filed by a family member after losing a close relative due to someone else’s negligence or intentional wrongdoing. If your loved one sustained an injury in the oil field that led to their untimely death, you may be entitled to collect monetary compensation from the responsible party or parties either through a lawsuit or workers’ compensation death benefits.
Contact our Oil Field Injury Lawyer in Hobbs Now
If you have suffered oil rig injuries, oil field injuries, or have been harmed in an oil truck accident in Hobbs or elsewhere in New Mexico, contact our law office as soon as possible. At Parnall Law, headed by New Mexico native Bert Parnall, we are proud to take on cases of injured oilfield workers.
Even if you are unsure if you are entitled to bring a claim, the best way to find out is by speaking with a seasoned litigator who regularly handles these cases. While our goal is to negotiate a full and fair settlement on your behalf, our legal professionals prepare each case as if it is headed to court.
To discuss your legal rights with one of our experienced and dedicated oil field accident lawyers during a free, confidential consultation, contact us by live chat, by filling out our online contact form, or by calling or texting us now. Our accident attorneys also offer our services to those injured in truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, car accidents, and much more.