After reviewing many entries for this year’s Spring 2023 Parnall Law Scholarship, we have selected the winners for $5,000 worth of scholarships to New Mexico students. Without further ado, here are our winners!
Parnall Law Firm Proudly Announces This Year’s Scholarship Winners
And the winners are:
- Mary Sullivan – First Place
- Sofia Meneses Ortega – Second Place
- Madeline O’Neill – Third Place
Congratulations to this year’s winners!
We had many worthy submissions from a competitive group of scholars. We thank all of the students who participated in this year’s scholarship contest and plan to provide additional opportunities in the future.
Parnall Law is dedicated to the success of New Mexico students and advocating for the rights of accident victims. This scholarship opportunity allows us to advance both missions.
This year’s scholarship program was focused on distracted driving, which sadly has turned into an epidemic and claimed the lives of 3,522 people in one recent year, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Participants were asked to create a Distracted Driving Family Plan that consisted of the following:
- A definition of distracted driving
- Research about distracted driving
- How a personal injury caused by distracted driving has personally affected the scholarship applicant or their loved one
- Personal anecdotes about how distracted driving has affected the scholarship applicant, such as whether they personally engage in distracted driving activities, what actions they take if someone else is texting and driving, or how distracted driving has affected their loved ones or peers
- Suggestions for how their family could avoid distracted driving
- Their opinion about whether smartphone technology has helped or harmed teen drivers
Participants were asked to proactively commit to the plan they created, hopefully further reducing the negative impact of distracted driving on New Mexico roadways.
Eligibility for the scholarship required applicants to be:
- An Albuquerque high school or college student
- Intending to attend an institute of higher learning
A total of $5,000 are awarded to the winners: $2,500 for first place; $1,500 for second place; and $1,000 for third place.
Your Next Opportunity Through Our Scholarship Program
Parnall Law Firm has provided high school and college students with scholarships for several years. We are dedicated to doing our part to help the next generation attain their educational goals. We currently run a scholarship contest twice a year, in the spring and fall. The next opportunity to apply for one of our scholarships is Fall 2023.
Parnall Law demonstrates its commitment to the local community in various ways. In addition to offering bi-annual scholarship opportunities, we are heavily involved in the community and support multiple organizations. We love championing worthy causes like improving the education of our youth, improving our community spaces, and preventing drunk driving. You can learn more about our firm’s community involvement on our website. If you are ever hurt, call Bert. We’ve represented Albuquerque and Central New Mexico accident victims since 1997 and would love to represent you, too.