There’s a freedom that comes with riding a motorcycle, but there’s also a fear that other drivers won’t share the road and respect your space. Every day, a motorcyclist is injured or killed in New Mexico. All too often, the crash was caused by a negligent driver who was not looking or paying attention.
At Parnall Law, our dedicated personal injury attorneys have spent many years standing up for the rights of motorcyclists and their families after terrible accidents.
We take an aggressive approach in these types of cases because, unfortunately, we’ve found that insurance companies often try to unfairly blame motorcyclists or otherwise shortchange them during the payout process.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a motorcycle crash, Parnall Law is here to help. Contact our Albuquerque motorcycle accident lawyers today to schedule a free consultation. Our skilled legal team will investigate the cause of your crash, confront at-fault drivers and their insurance companies, and demand full and fair compensation for you.
Contact Us Now to Discuss Your Next Steps Call (505) 268-6500 FREE CONSULTATION
How Our Albuquerque Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Can Help
When you trust Parnall Law to handle your motorcycle accident claim, we will take action immediately to demand maximum compensation. You can count on our team to act aggressively, decisively, and intelligently in pursuit of payment for you. Specifically:
- Our dedicated motorcycle accident attorneys will serve as your voice in all matters pertaining to your claim. When insurance adjustors and others contact you about your accident, you can send them to us instead of answering all their questions.
- We will launch an investigation immediately to gather every piece of evidence related to your crash. We will talk to the officers who responded to your accident, as well as any witnesses or emergency medical personnel who were at the scene. We may also work with an accident reconstruction expert to analyze the physical evidence and re-create the crash.
- Our team will work to identify every liable party and demand appropriate compensation. Depending on the circumstances of your case, this could mean pursuing damages from the at-fault driver or from the manufacturer of a defective part, such as faulty brakes.
- Our motorcycle crash attorneys negotiate from a position of strength. In many cases, this means we are able to obtain appropriate motorcycle insurance settlements and spare clients from having to go to court. But if the insurance company’s offers do not meet our client’s expectations, we are always prepared to take the case before a judge and jury.
- We go the extra mile to take care of you while you focus on recovery. If you need medical treatment, we know physicians and specialists who will see you. We can arrange repairs to your bike if needed. For every new client, we immediately send “representation letters” to advise all of your creditors that a claim is underway, and to get them off of your back.
- We keep you informed every step of the way. Our clients are never in the dark about the status of their claims. We are always available to answer your questions and provide updates.
Remember Insurance adjustors, even from your insurance company, are loyal to their employer and the company’s bottom line. Soon after a motorcycle accident, you may receive a settlement offer. Do not sign any paperwork or accept any settlement until you consult with one of our motorcycle accident attorneys.
Schedule a free consultation today to discuss your claim.
Don’t Let the Other Side Push the Blame on You
Reckless motorists are often quick to point the finger at the motorcyclist after an accident. And, unfortunately, motorcyclists can be the object of prejudice among jurors and insurers. At Parnall Law, we fight unfair stereotypes with facts and hard evidence.
Even if a motorcyclist is partially at fault, our dedicated Albuquerque motorcycle accident attorneys may be able to help. New Mexico follows the doctrine of “comparative negligence,” which means that each person is responsible for his or her conduct that contributed to an injury. But even if an accident victim is found to have contributed to the crash, he or she may still be able to recover compensation, or “damages,” from the other party. For example:
If an injured motorcyclist is 55 percent at fault for an accident, and the defendant is 45 percent at fault, the motorcyclist can still recover 45 percent of the damages he or she is claiming. Even if a motorcyclist is 90 percent at fault, and the defendant is 10 percent at fault, the motorcyclist can recover up to 10 percent of damages.
As your attorneys, it would be our job to present facts that negate any false accusations against you and to protect you from being unjustly blamed.
Don’t take advice from an insurance company. Schedule a free consultation with our dedicated motorcycle accident attorneys to discuss your claim. We will treat you with honesty and dignity. If we cannot proceed with a claim for you, we will provide any assistance and helpful information that we can.
Fight Back Against the Insurance Companies Call (505) 268-6500 FREE CONSULTATION
New Mexico Motorcycle Accident Statistics
It is disturbing to read the statistics on motorcycle accidents both for New Mexico and throughout the United States. In 2015, there were 4,976 motorcycle accident fatalities in the United States, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. This is 382 more than in 2014, an 8.3 percent increase year-over-year, and the highest number since 2012.
Fatal accidents increased 7.2 percent overall from 2014 to 2015, but the increase in motorcycle accident deaths was the largest increase by percentage among all motor vehicle groups, including passenger trucks (+7.8 percent), passenger cars (+5.7 percent) and large commercial trucks (+1.7 percent).
Meanwhile, 88,000 motorcyclists were injured in accidents nationwide in 2015, a 4.3 percent decrease from the 92,000 in 2014. It is the only decrease in injuries or deaths among all motor vehicle groups.
In New Mexico in 2014, there were:
- 1,324 motorcyclists (including passengers) involved in 1,135 traffic crashes
- 52 motorcyclists killed in accidents — 3.9 percent of motorcyclists in crashes
- 192 motorcyclists who suffered “suspected severe injuries” — 14.5 percent
- 510 motorcyclists who suffered “suspected minor injuries” — 38.5 percent
- 226 motorcyclists who suffered “possible injuries” — 17.1 percent
- 344 motorcyclists who suffered “no apparent injuries” — 26 percent
In Bernalillo County (Albuquerque) in 2014, there were:
- 503 motorcyclists were involved in accidents
- 14 motorcyclists killed ─ 2.7 percent
- 80 motorcyclists who suffered “suspected severe injuries” ─ 15.7 percent
- 186 motorcyclists who suffered “suspected minor injuries” ─ 36.6 percent
- 92 motorcyclists who suffered “possible injuries” ─ 18.1 percent
- 131 motorcyclists who suffered “no apparent injuries” ─ 25.7 percent
Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
How Much Will My Case Cost?
How Much is My Case Worth?
How Long Until I Settle My Case?
How Much Will My Case Cost?
Hear Our Clients' Stories
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, you are likely facing medical bills and other monetary losses, as well as the pain and suffering that comes with any traumatic accident like this. You may be coming to terms with a lengthy recovery and/or a life ahead that has been changed forever.
Attorney Bert Parnall has dedicated his legal career to helping accident victims in his hometown of Albuquerque and surrounding Central New Mexico. His team at Parnall Law is committed to holding negligent drivers accountable and fighting for maximum compensation for motorcycle crash victims.
Contact our dedicated Albuquerque motorcycle accident lawyers today to arrange a free, no-obligation legal consultation about your claim. Our attorneys handle motorcycle claims on a contingency fee basis, which means we do not charge anything to get started on your case. Rather, we only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Call or fill out our online form now to get started.
We're Here to Help!® Call (505) 268-6500 FREE CONSULTATION