Carlsbad Car Accident Attorney
Carlsbad, New Mexico, is a thriving city, thanks in part to the growth of the oil and gas industries in our area. That growth is leading to increased traffic on our roads and highways. We’ve got tourist traffic mixing with trucks on the roads. Sometimes commercial productivity and wide, open roads can be a dangerous mix.
If you have been injured in a car crash, our Carlsbad car accident lawyers are prepared to help. Parnall Law Firm has extensive experience helping people in New Mexico hold the irresponsible drivers who hurt them financially liable for their injuries. You can seek compensation for your medical bills, your lost work, and your pain and suffering. We can help.
We’ve put together some information on Carlsbad roads and accidents. We hope that it and our tips for safer driving will keep you and your family in good health. Unfortunately, even the most cautious drivers can be hurt by a reckless drunk or distracted driver.
If that’s happened to you, contact us for a free consultation now. Hurt? Call Bert.
Major Reason for Car Accidents in Carlsbad
Endless different situations can cause car crashes, but many of them have commonalities. Usually, a driver loses control of their car because of distraction, inebriation, or bad driving. The more serious the lapse in attention, the more serious the crash.
The Carlsbad Current Argus documented the circumstances of fatal crashes in Carlsbad.
Here were some of the contributing factors to these collisions:
- Alcohol use – This is by far the most common cause of documented fatal crashes. Alcohol and driving don’t mix.
- Tailgating or other dangerous driving – Tractor-trailers are incredibly common on our major highways, and truck crashes have devastating consequences.
- Failure to follow the rules of the road – Bring your vehicle to a full stop, signal, stay in your lane, and otherwise keep your driving within the bounds of the law.
- Speeding – Driving over the speed limit can cause crashes to be more serious for all involved, so it is crucial that drivers observe the posted limits.
Dangerous Intersections in Carlsbad for Car Crashes
According to the Carlsbad Current Argus, 17 people died on Carlsbad area roads in a single recent year. This article and public statistics reveal some of the most dangerous roads and intersections in Carlsbad.
- State Road 128
- Old Cavern
- Lea Street
You may be unable to avoid these roads, since so many of them are major arteries for our city. It’s a good idea to pay extra attention to your surroundings when you use the roads listed above.
Dangerous Highways in Carlsbad, NM
Our location at the intersection of two highways may be one of the reasons we have so many dangerous crashes in Carlsbad. It’s probably impossible for you to avoid driving on them, but knowing which roads are most dangerous could help you be more vigilant.
Fatal and other serious collisions have been documented on the following highways:
- US Highway 62/180
- US Highway 285
- National Parks Highway
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car crashes cause everything from mild to catastrophic injuries. That’s why it’s so crucial for drivers to behave responsibly.
Some common car accident injuries include:
- Bruises, scrapes, and lacerations
- Broken and crushed bones
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash
- Spinal injuries, including paralysis
- Catastrophic limb injuries, like amputations
- Concussions and traumatic brain injuries
- Facial disfigurations
- Burns and permanent scarring
Some of these injuries can result in permanent disability and disfigurement. If that’s the case, you may be able to seek additional damages from the at-fault parties, including ongoing medical expenses.
Our Carlsbad car accident attorneys can evaluate your accident and determine what kind of damages you might be owed if the driver who hurt you is found liable.
Tips for Staying Safe on the Road in Carlsbad
You can never guarantee that you’ll avoid crashes when you take to the highway. You’re putting your safety in the hands of every other driver on the Carlsbad road. The best thing you can do is drive defensively.
Here are some tips for driving safely in Carlsbad:
- Avoid alcohol or other inhibiting substances. Many of the fatal and serious accidents in Carlsbad involve alcohol.
- Avoid driving very late at night or early in the morning. Some drivers have trouble with night vision, so it can be risky to be on the road too late. You may also find more drunk drivers on the road leaving bars after the 2 a.m. last call.
- Never text or use a device and drive. It’s very dangerous to look at a screen and try to keep your attention on the road. It’s almost impossible to multitask, and you have a responsibility to control your vehicle safely.
- Keep other distractions at a minimum. It’s not a good idea to eat a meal or fiddle with the radio while driving. Divided attention isn’t safe when you’re driving.
- Keep a safe distance between your vehicle and others. Remember to keep at least a car length between your car and any others, and more if you’re moving at a high speed, like on US 285 or 62/180.
- Wear your seatbelt. Several of the recent fatal accidents in Carlsbad involved unsecured or improperly secured drivers.
Another step you can take is arming yourself with up-to-date knowledge on Carlsbad roads. If a loved one was fatally injured, call our Carlsbad fatal car accident lawyers to fight in their memory. You have legal options!
How Can Parnall Law Firm, Help after a Car Accident Injury?
If you suffered an injury at the hands of a negligent driver on one of Carlsbad’s dangerous roads, our car accident lawyers can help. Hurt? Call Bert. It’s as simple as that.
The skilled attorneys at Parnall Law Firm are ready to independently investigate the accident and build a strong case on your behalf. We’ll document the facts of your case and add up all of the costs you’ve incurred to fight for the full, fair payment you need. And, because our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, we won’t get paid until you do.
Contact Our Carlsbad Car Accident Lawyer for Help with Your Injuries
Don’t let your bills pile up when you know that someone caused your injuries. Contact Parnall Law Firm today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.