Gathering complete medical records and bills related to each client’s case as performed by the Medical Records Retrieval Staff.
Accurately and persuasively tell the client’s story in a draft demand letter, including a summary of the case for liability, and the client’s damages.
Summarize other prior and subsequent medical records that may influence the client’s case.
RESULTS/OUTCOMES (What you must get done):
- Ensure medical records and bills are received within 60 days of maximum medical improvement.
- Complete client authority/eval and draft demand letters within 1 week of receiving complete medical records and bills.
- Ensure tasks never exceed 60.
- Work with the medical records clerk to obtain all needed medical damages.
- Estimate billing from the VA or work with attorneys/paralegals to determine whether to open subrogation and have bills created.
- Review records and bills for relatedness, discrepancies, high billing, etc.
- Order films of broken bones, head trauma, herniated discs.
- Organize records, bills and evidence into demand packets.
- Verify the accuracy of the Value Tab.
- Highlight treatment records discussed in letter.
- Review initial records for potential med mal cases and summarize.
- Review helpful and harmful case information by using treatment update notes and hedonics from clients.
- Assist paralegals and attorneys as needed with discovery, mediation or arbitration.
- Supplement bills for discovery, mediation or arbitration.
- Collect review and analyze records and bills from Defense.
- Collect review and analyze defendant’s medical records, when necessary.
- Attend Tuesday and Friday firm Huddles at 8:00 am
- Attend Monday, Wednesday and Thursday mini huddles with your Team Lead
- Attending weekly OOS meetings fully prepared with strategy notes in SmartAdvocate in accordance with the preparation guideline.
- Attend and participate in weekly firm training, when possible
- Monitor dashboard Metrics/KPIs and successfully work toward keeping those metrics in top shape.
- Follow and maintain all firm policies and procedures.
- Proportionately contribute to overall client satisfaction and firm revenue goals.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Empathy for our injured clients.
- Confidence and motivation to exceed expectations.
- Professional attire and demeanor.
- Desire to learn, develop, and motivate team members.
- Team player.
- Ability to change in a rapidly changing environment.
- A positive fun, caring environment where learning and growing are encouraged
- Opportunities for community outreach throughout the year
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits, 401k, PTO, Bonus Pay