To make sure that all physical and digital documents are in their proper place in the case file and are easily accessible at all times.
To ensure that all new client welcome gifts and client disbursement gifts are delivered to accurate addresses via hand-delivery or United States mail.
RESULTS / OUTCOMES (What you must get done.)
- Attend weekly firm wide huddle every Monday morning at 8:00
- Attend daily team mini huddle Tuesday through Friday at 8:00 am
- Attend weekly firm trainings on Wednesdays at 8:00am
- Attend biweekly meeting with Team Lead to go over individual metrics, and metrics of Team, fully prepared with supporting data.
- Scan, save, name and circulate mail to all appropriate staff within 1 business day.
- Name and circulate all faxes to all appropriate staff withing 1 business day.
- Respond to all case manager and paralegal requests accurately and promptly.
- Send out all outgoing mail in the same day received.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ingoing mail:
- Picking up mail from the post office box no earlier than 10:00 am each day (all mail is delivered to post office box by that time-if you go earlier, it is likely all mail is not there yet)
- Verifying original deposition transcripts and saving unopened originals for trial use. Further, ensuring we have a digital copy in the depositions folder, with all exhibits and if we do not, notifying the Paralegal.
- Determining if a letter contains a settlement negotiation (offer), and copying the assigned attorney on the email to the case manager/paralegal.
- Outgoing mail:
- Saving large attachments to disc or thumb drive when necessary.
- Verifying outgoing mail contains all enclosures noted.
- Scanning certified return receipt requested slips into correspondence folder
- Properly weighing all mail
- Delivering all outgoing mail to the post office at the end of each day.
- Breaking down large files and saving each subpart into appropriate parts of file. (i.e. an adjuster sends a letter with the police report, recorded statement and PD records: you must save the whole packet in correspondence, then save the police report in the evidence folder, save the recorded statement in the statements subfolder and the PD records in the appropriate subfolder.)
- Determining if a fax contains a settlement negotiation (offer), and copying the assigned attorney on the email to the case manager/paralegal.
- Answer incoming calls via the First Call Group
Fill In: Legal Assistant; Reception
-Ability to adhere to business hours Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 MST
-Available to work on-site