Albuquerque Drunk Driving Accident Attorneys
Drunk driving is the single largest contributor to New Mexico traffic deaths each year. This is outrageous when you think about it. Every person is educated about the dangers of driving while intoxicated. Meanwhile, the number of DWI arrests in New Mexico increases year after year, despite the fact that New Mexico DWI laws impose tough penalties for drunk driving.
If you have been injured in a drunk driving crash, or if you have lost a loved one to someone who was driving while intoxicated, Parnall Law is here to help. Bert Parnall and his dedicated legal team have been protecting the rights of drunk driving accident victims in Albuquerque and Central New Mexico since January 2009. As a highly respected DWI accident attorney, Bert Parnall serves on the local board of directors and as a media spokesman for Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) in Albuquerque.
Our aggressive drunk driving accident attorneys fight for full and fair compensation for DWI crash victims and their families. Schedule a free legal consultation now to learn how we help victims of DWI accidents.
Who Can Be Held Responsible After a Drunk Driving Accident?
If you have been hurt in a drunk driving crash, New Mexico law allows you to file a personal injury lawsuit against the parties responsible for the accident. If you have lost a loved one in a drunk driving crash, you may have a right to file a wrongful death claim against the at-fault party.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, our Albuquerque drunk driving accident lawyers may fight to hold the following parties accountable:
- The drunk driver: In many cases, the driver responsible for a drunk driving crash will face DWI charges. If the driver who hit you is charged and convicted of DWI, your claim for compensation will be stronger. However, it is important to understand that neither DWI charges nor a DWI conviction is necessary to pursue a personal injury or wrongful death claim.
- The person or entity that served a drunk driver alcohol: New Mexico is one of many states with a “dram shop law.” The dram shop law holds accountable those who sell or serve alcohol to customers who they know or should know are intoxicated and who later cause harm because of their intoxication.
- A social host: New Mexico also has what’s known as a “social host law,” which holds party or event hosts responsible for guests who are served alcohol, much like the New Mexico dram shop law.
When our skilled legal team investigates your DWI accident claim, we will work hard to piece together exactly what happened in the hours leading up to the crash. Our goal will be to identify every potentially liable party so we can demand maximum compensation for you.
Compensation for DWI Accident Injuries
Knowing that the driver who hit you is facing DWI charges and criminal penalties can bring a small sense of justice, but it won’t make up for the losses you have endured. The DWI accident attorneys at Parnall Law can help you demand just compensation for:
- Doctor bills, including past, present and future medical treatments
- Property damage, particularly for, but not limited to, damage to your vehicle
- Lost income as you recover and are out of work, and if you cannot return to the job you had before the accident
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages, in cases involving extreme misconduct by the at-fault party
Family members of a drunk driving accident victim who was killed in a crash may recover compensation, or “damages,” for their relative’s funeral and burial expenses, medical bills, loss of consortium, and more.
The dedicated DWI accident victim attorneys at Parnall Law will thoroughly document how this accident has affected you and your family, as well as how your injury or loss will continue to affect you into the future. We will fight fiercely for a full and fair drunk driving accident settlement, and our attorneys will be prepared to argue your case before a judge and jury if that is what it takes.
We are Ready to Take Action for You After a Drunk Driving Injury
Parnall Law is committed to lifting the burden off of drunk driving accident victims so they can focus on physical and emotional recovery. Some of the ways in which we help DWI victims include:
- If you have received a DWI settlement offer, Parnall Law will review it for you at no cost. Do not sign anything without a professional review. The insurance company for the driver who hit you will fight fiercely to minimize the cost of your losses. Our aggressive DWI injury attorneys will fight back in pursuit of full and fair compensation.
- Your Parnall Law attorney will serve as your voice in all matters pertaining to your drunk driving accident claim. When insurance adjustors and/or others contact you about your claim, it is easier and safer to refer them to your attorneys, rather than trying to answer their questions on your own.
- We go the extra mile to take care of you while you focus on recovery. If you have not yet received the medical treatment you need, we have physicians and specialists we can refer you to. We can line up car repairs. We immediately prepare and send “representation letters” for our clients, which advise all creditors that our work toward a claim is underway — and gets them off of your back.
- In many drunk driving accident cases, we are able to negotiate DWI insurance settlements and spare clients from having to go to court. But if the insurance companies in your accident will not do what’s right, we will be prepared to fight for you in court. We fully investigate drunk driving cases so that we can negotiate from a position of strength and, when necessary, present a strong claim to a judge and jury.
- Our clients are never in the dark about the status of their claim. We keep you updated on the progress of your case and check in frequently to see how your recovery is going.
- You can count on Parnall Law to act aggressively, decisively and intelligently in pursuing drunk driving accident claims. We will take the time necessary to build a strong claim, making sure your recovery has progressed enough that we understand the full value of your claim and the compensation you deserve.
Schedule a free consultation today to get started on your DWI injury claim.
If you have been injured in a drunk driving accident, we know you are facing growing medical bills, car repairs and other monetary losses, not to mention the pain and suffering of a lengthy and perhaps uncertain recovery.
When you have done nothing to bring this on, you have every right to want someone to make things right. Attorney Bert Parnall, a local Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) board member and spokesman, has dedicated his legal career to helping drunk driving accident victims like you.
Contact Parnall Law in Albuquerque today to arrange a free legal consultation. Let our compassionate DWI accident lawyers focus on your claim while you concentrate on your recovery. Call or fill out our online contact form to get started.