Parnall Law Firm recently closed the window for submissions for the 2021 Fall Parnall Law Firm Scholarship. After reviewing many entries, Parnall Law Firm has selected the winners for $5,000 worth of scholarships to New Mexico students.
Parnall Law Firm Proudly Announces Scholarship Winners
And the winners are:
- First place: Morgan P. – University of NM School of Law
- Second place: Lilith C. – ABQ High School
- Third place: Andrew B. – Homeschool
Congratulations to this year’s winners!
We thank all students who participated in this year’s scholarship opportunity and will be providing more opportunities in the future.
This year’s scholarship program was focused on distracted driving, one of the most dangerous aspects of driving today and the cause of at least 3,000 motor vehicle accident deaths every year.
Scholarship applicants were asked to create a “Distracted Driving Family Plan” that highlighted the dangers of distracted driving. Applicants were instructed to proactively commit to a plan they created that would prevent harm caused by distracted driving. In their entries, applicants were instructed to include the following information about distracted driving:
- The definition of distracted driving
- Personal anecdotes in which the applicants were personally affected by distracted driving
- Suggestions to encourage their family to avoid distracted driving
- An opinion regarding whether smartphone technology is helpful, destructive, or both for teen drivers
- Whether distracted driving has affected them or a loved one
- Data regarding distracted driving, including statistics, studies, surveys, or news stories that support their positions
To be eligible, applicants had to be high school or college students in Albuquerque who want to attend an institution of higher learning. Applications were accepted from July 1, 2021 to December 15, 2021.
$5,000 in awards will be given to the distracted driving scholarship winners in the following amounts:
- First place – $2,500
- Second place – $1,500
- Third place – $1,000
Your Next Opportunity Through Our Scholarship Program
Parnall Law Firm provides high school and college scholarships to deserving students. The next scholarship opportunity will kick off in the spring of 2022.
Parnall Law Firm is committed to the local community. Our firm was established by Bert Parnall, a former Albuquerque Bulldog. The Parnall Law Firm Scholarship is only one way that we give back to our community. You can learn more about our firm’s community involvement and the organizations we support on our website. And, remember we’ll be there when you need us. Hurt? Call Bert.® or contact us through our online form.