The deadline for the Parnall Distracted Driving Scholarship is quickly approaching. If you are a high school student who is passionate about the topic of distracted driving and want to try to win one of the top awards, be sure you make your submission by the June 1, 2022 deadline!
Parnall Law Firm is offering $5,000 in scholarship award money in the following denominations:
- First Place Prize: $2,500
- Second Place Prize: $1,500
- Third Place Prize: $1,000
How to Qualify
There are three simple steps to be considered for the Parnall scholarship:
1-Check Eligibility Criteria
The scholarship is open to high school students in New Mexico. Students must be U.S. residents. The award is made upon graduation from high school.
2-Prepare Your Essay
This year’s scholarship topic is based on distracted driving, which is a leading cause of teen deaths and injuries. At Parnall Law Firm, we often represent people who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents caused by distracted driving. Our distracted driving lawyers want you to be part of the solution to solve this ongoing problem. We are offering $5,000 through our distracted driving scholarship program to help with this mission.
Your essay should focus on distracted driving and include the following information:
- Your definition of distracted driving
- A distracted driving family plan you and your family proactively commit to that is designed to avoid distracted driving among your family members
- Anecdotes regarding any time you personally experienced distracted driving, such as texting while you were driving or seeing your parent talking on the phone while on the way to drop you off at practice
- Information about how you respond when someone who is driving is distracted
- An explanation of how distracted driving has personally affected you, a loved one, or your peers
- Suggestions about how your family could avoid distracted driving
- Your opinion about whether smartphone technology is helpful, destructive, or both for teen drivers
- Information about how a personal injury caused by distracted driving has affected you or a loved one
- Surveys, studies, statistics, or stories in the news that support your points
3-Submit Your Entry
Entries must be submitted to HurtCallBert.com via the form below between March 1st, 2022, and June 1st, 2022.
Other Important Information
Scholarship entries will be judged by the offices of Parnall Law Firm based on their originality and caliber of response. Judges’ decisions are final.
Awards will be made directly to scholarship programs of winning students. The awards will be presented in mid-summer 2022.